About this location
The Stavenisser Mill is a corn mill dating from 1801 on the Molendijk in Stavenisse. It is a round stone ground sailor with a flight of 21.50 meters. This wheat mill, whitewashed in 1962 with red frames, is located northwest of the marina on the edge of the village centre.
The mill was built in 1801 to replace a stand windmill. This was the victim of the infamous hurricane of November 9th 1800. The mill remained in use at wind power until 1964. The year after, the mill became the property of a Rotterdam transport company. Permits were applied for to equip the mill as a holiday home. However, real renovations never came to fruition. The interior work was largely spared. In 1976 the mill became the property of the municipality of Tholen. The mill is often put into operation by a volunteer miller.
The mill can be visited by appointment and when it is running.