Network of footpaths
A Sack full of land
Would you like some fruit with that fruit?
A match made in Zuid-Beveland: a walk and a train ride
Rules of entry
Some routes traverse private property, we’re the guests here. The following rules apply:
- Entry permitted only between sunrise and sunset
- Enter at your own risk
- Dogs, horses, bicycles and motorbikes are not permitted, unless expressly stated otherwise
- Keep a sensible distance from all livestock
- The path is closed on 1st January (Happy New Year!)
- The path may be closed temporarily at other times
- Leave no trace
- Failure to comply with these rules will see your permission suspended (under Article 461 Criminal Code)
Access to private land
It is prohibited to access private land with dogs, horses, bicycles, scooters and motorbikes. Dogs might infect the livestock with disease, so some parts of the route are closed to dogs. The route map will clearly mark this – a red dot with an arrow – and will show the alternate path for you to take, over the regular road.
For your own personal safety, it is essential to keep a sensible distance from cattle. Do not feed them, ever. Horses in particular are bound to become very intimidating if you feed them. The footpath may be closed temporarily for maintenance or hunting. The land owner will have marked this on the route signposts, so that you can choose an alternative.
If we comply with these rules, we shall all be able keep using these private grounds in the future.